Friday, March 13, 2009

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!!

Hello to all you fine people! This weekend was our fun spring break trip to St. George, Las Vegas and California!!! We had a BLAST! We spent the afternoon and evening in St. George with my parents and then went to the St. George temple. The next day we drove to Las Vegas and did a session in that temple too. Then we met up with my grandparents from Cali and walked the strip of Vegas. Justin really thought it was cool! The next day we went on to Cali and my parents drove back home. We had dinner at my Uncle Larry's home and then drove to Gram's house in Fontana (San Bernardino area).
The next day was Monday (Justin's birthday!!!) We had planned on going to the beach that day, but it was really crappy weather so we went to Victoria Gardens (an outdoor mall) and to a movie that day. We celebrated that evening with cake and some presents (I got him some shirts). The next day was our San Diego day. We wanted to go with grams and gramps but the main purpose was to got to the San Diego temple. So they came with us and waited around while we did a session. We got to be the witness couple in the session (that was really neat!). The Celestial room of the San Diego temple has an atrium in it and so we went there to see how pretty it was. It was magnificent! I highly recommend visiting that temple!!!! It's my fav! While we were standing in the atrium Justin slipped a ring into my hand and asked me to marry him. SO CUTE! I of course said yes!!! It was PERFECT! Just how I wanted it to happen! He picked the ring out by himself and I LOVE IT!!!!!
The next day we went to the Redlands CA temple. It is very simialar to the St. Paul Minnesota temple. SO PRETTY!! We then drove back to my uncle's house because he was planning on taking us rock climbing. Man was that an experience. I forgot my camera, but the mental pictures are awesome! Justin took to it really well and scurried up the rock really fast. My uncle wanted to take him to a harder climb, but we just didn't have time. I got about 3/4 up the rock, but my arms weren't strong enough to do the last part (it was SUPER hard!) but I tried and get at least a B for effort! It was fun! Then we went to dinner with my uncle's family and my cousin took Justin snowboarding! He was pretty excited to go snowboarding in Cali. It was a blast! Then we started the 10 hour drive home the next day. It was really a BLAST!






6 comments:

Amanda said...

Wahoo!! I'm the first to say congratulations. At least in blogworld! I'm so excited for you guys. So that means he'll be staying out there, right? I must have details and maybe I'm the only one that wants to see your beautiful ring, but I must insist. Love you girl. Tell him to keep taking good care of you for us.

Shalyce and Jordan said...

Hooray!!!! I'm so glad you were on it and blogged so fast about the engagement and trip! How exciting!! I'm so happy for you Char, I hope everything goes well for you and Justin and you keep on lovin' life! Love your guts!

Becca said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so happy for the two of you. Char the snow is all most gone and it is getting warmer here so you can come home with Justin:-)

The White's said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!! Words can not say how happy I am for you. That is so awesome, have you guys discused a date yet or is that still up in the air? Anyhow I can't wait to see you Tues. if your coming to the meeting. Once again congratulations!

The DeGiulio's said...

Im SO excited for you guys! Sorry clinic was so busy today I didnt get a chance to tell you congrats. I cant wait to see your ring. SO whens the big day? Hope its ok Im adding your blog to mine :)

PS sounds like such a fun Spring Break.

Jenny and Jesse Clinger said...

Cute pictures Char! I haven't been on your blog for a while! You look so cute! Love your clothes. Styling chic :) Love you and miss you. Hope to see you end of May!