Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our Miracle



You guess it, we're pregnant! I've been feeling sick for a little over a month now and I thought I should take a pregnancy test. We weren't trying, but weren't preventing. Well, with a lot of emotions, I took the test and sure as day it read "PREGNANT." Well, ok, it was two pink lines....but you get the idea.
With some spectulating we thought that I might be about 6-8 weeks along. I called an OB and scheduled an appt. When we got there I told her when my last cycle was and some of my health issues. She said that she'd be able to tell how old the baby was with the ultrasound. When she got the baby on the screen she said "WOW! You're REALLY pregnant!" What? What does that mean? She told us that we are 11-12 weeks along!

I'm almost done with my first trimester and for 2 months I didn't even know I was pregnant? And of all the 2 months ever to have had, it was before my board exams and during the final semester of college! I feel so blessed that I wasn't so sick that I had to postpone my board exams. I am just in shock at the whole experience still! WHAT?! I'm 3 months pregnant! wow.....
Justin is just beside himself with excitement. I told him he had to wait until after our first appointment to tell anyone and when I came back into the waiting area at the dr's office (I had to have blood work done) he was already on the phone calling all his siblings. Wherever we go he makes sure that I announce our little baby growing. It's so fun to see and be a part of!


So our next ultrasound will tell us the gender of the baby hopefully......

13 comments:

Shalyce and Jordan said...

This baby truly is a miracle. How fabulous that you already have 3 months down. I am soooo excited for you two. Thanks for sharing the news with me in person. I had so much seeing you the other day. Hope you keep feeling good. Love ya!!!!

Jen Story~Storybook Photos said...

I am SOOOO EXCITED for you!!! I can't believe you didn't know! How Funny! That ultrasound is so cute with that little tiny bambino!!! LOVE IT!!! You will make a WONDERFUL mom!! :0)

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Ashcroft said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so, so, so, so, so happy and excited for you. Can't wait to see updates along the way :)

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys!! Being a parent is the best! That's exciting!

Hendriksen Happenings said...

Oh wow!!! I am SOOOO HAPPY for you guys!!! And what a huge blessing to have gotten through the craziness of finishing up school and stuff and not even know! Plus that first trimester can be kinda rough! Well, babies are the BEST and you have so much ahead of you!! :) love ya and congrats!!

The DeGiulio's said...

Congratulations guys thats so exciting. Thats crazy to think you were pregnant during boards. I kept having nightmares that I had Bailee early and wasnt able to take boards, nice huh? Who do you see at Circle of Life? I love it there, its so fun to get an ultrasound at every appointment.

Scott and Katie Smith said...

Yayyyyy!!!! I'm so excited for you! You're going to be the best Mommy the world has ever known.

The White's said...

I am so excited for you I can't stop thinking about it, did I tell you that I actually cried after I talked to you...I am THAT happy for you, you'll bed a great mom!...And Justin a great dad!

The Gonzalez Family said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations! You're going to be the best little mommy! Children are what life is all about. Congrats again!

Alyse said...

HOLY MOLY!!! That's so incredible Char!! I love that you didn't know during boards because that would have been even crazier! Plus, who doesn't want to get that first trimester over quickly, anyway?

Bonnie said...

WOW...CONGRATULATIONS to such a cute couple!!!
You will be such a wonderful mom and I am sure Justin will pitch in here and there and be just as amazing as you! I am so excited to see the updates!!

Jenny and Jesse Clinger said...

The ultrasound is cool huh! Love your story and I'm so glad you weren't sick during finals. Glad you feel okay now. Your going to be a wonderful mom, just like our mom is! I'm dying to find out what your having. Then I can spoil that baby rotten and it's going to have the cutest clothes ever. :)