Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Two Months

It hardly seems fair that life has gone by after the passing of our sweet son. It has been two months since his body left this Earth. We have been doing well, just keeping busy as usual. I am still working 5-6 days a week and Justin keeps his busy schedule at work. We have been so blessed with callings, family, & friends to keep us occupied and busy doing the Lords work. We miss our sweet Brannick and not a day goes by that I do not think of and long for him. I recently had a friend lose her newborn daughter and as she wrote on her blog of her experiences during her short stay at Ogden Regional and then Primary's I longed to be there. It amazed me how much I just wanted to walk down those familiar halls and see the same faces that always greeted us on our way back to Brannick. I would give anything to be able to go back and spend one more minute with him. I am not sure if I'd be strong enough to handle visiting the hospital, but it just seemed like a second home to me. The smells and sounds remind me of him. Anyway, at this point I'm just blabbing on and on about nothing. The point of this was to remember him and to let you all know that we are doing well. He is still very close and I feel his sweet presence. We don't cry over him as often (we meaning me....I'm a crybaby!) but I remember him always and keep him close. I can never express enough the relief I feel at knowing that because of Heavenly Fathers plan for us we will be with him again. I long for that day. Thank you to those of you who still call, pray, and think of us. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people surrounding us. Here are a few more pictures of his last day with us:










7 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Love the pictures how precious they are. Glad you guys are doing well, you are both strong & amazing people. If you ever need anything please let me know.

Lori Davis said...

I love those pictures. I am so thankful I was able to see you guys and get to know Brannick a little more. What a precious little boy! You two are amazing and it is no wonder you found each other. We love you and your little family... all three of you!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful pictures Charlotte. You and your family are so amazing, you have had such a trial and I am sure it takes only the strongest of those to endure them. Stay positive and just know there is a time you will be with sweet Brannick again.

Sharalee said...

Those pictures are so precious. You are such a strong woman and we continue to pray for you and your family. You have been a great help to us as we said goodbye to our sweet little Hadlee. I still can't believe you and Heather would lose your precious little ones so close together. We want you to know we love you.

Shalyce and Jordan said...

I was wondering if you'd post about two months. I was thinking about you all day. I can't keep that little man off my mind. I was happy you posted your darling pics so I could show Jordan how sweet they turned out. I still am in love with that last family one. Sure do love you Lotte!!!

Allysa Fite said...

Your son is amazing. I again am sorry for your loss, but I know you and Justin must be pretty special people to be trusted with one of Heavenly Father's most valiant, special spirits. I love you!

Keri said...

Oh Char! (bawling my eyes out again) What beauiful pictures! Brannick was a handsome little fellow...He is so lucky to have had you for a mother. I think about you everyday...I still have Brannicks picture up on our wall from your baby shower. I am still praying for you and your family. *hugs*