Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm back....

So my week with Justin has come to an end. Boo.....
We had a wonderful week! Justin had to work everyday, but I kept myself busy with the missionaries, other members, reading and sleeping. It always feels so good to be with the members of the AF ward! On Friday we went down to the YSA Milwaukee conference (a 2-day event) with Joey and had a blast! He drove us in his fancy new car and did a great job (Justin LOVES to give driving lessons....Joey was very patient and did great!) Saturday night we decided to go to a hibachi (spelling?) grill with Dave and Jess (brother and sister-in-law). None of them had ever been before and it was quite an experience (an expensive one!) We had fun! Sunday was perfect (I LOVE church in the AF ward!) We went to a firside that evening in Wausau with Joey. Monday was preparation day with the missionaries! We played Kickball, volleyball, games, and went up the steps (aka the mound) for FHE where the Elders from Stevens Point and Wisconsin Rapids gave a fun lesson.

On Tuesday I went with the missionaries to District meeting and lunch. That was so fun to be back in the missionary world! Wednesday was YM/YW at the church-yet another opportuinity to spend with the AF ward. Justin was asked to help a ward member move some furniture so we went over. They live about 1 mile off the road and have a huge beautiful home! I told Justin that if he would build me a house like that we could live in the country like he wants to--a good compromise I thought. I really think I will like living in the country....
Thursday was SUPER exciting because lots of Justin's family came over to meet me. Robert and Amber Chaffee (and kids) drove down from Medford, WI (an almost 3 hr drive!) just to meet me! We had a blast all day!! Thursday was supposed to be my last day, but I talked to Amy and asked if we could stay a little longer...so we decided to start our drive home saturday instead....the surprises just keep coming! Friday was a good day-I spend the whole day with Justin's mom. We made LOTS of frienship bread, weeded, and chatted. It was wonderful. Then Justin and I spend the evening together reading and just enjoying each others company. Saturday morning at 8ish Amy came to pick me up and we stared our 22 hour drive home. We got lost only 1 time and ran into a HUGE snow storm in Wyoming around 12:30-1:30 am. It was a pretty good drive and we got home at around 6 am.
This is our mileage on the trip....how often does this happen (and we see it?)

All-in-all it was a wonderful week with my love! The most fun part was surprising him and hearing him over and over whisper in my ear: "Thank you so much for surprising me....I'm so glad you came!"

I just love my life!!!!

2 comments:

Shalyce and Jordan said...

Oh Char I love you so much! I'm so glad you posted about your trip. I've been dying to hear about it. You are such a good girlfriend. I'm glad you had a good time. I'm already missing you. In Relief Society we talked about loving life, and I kept thinking of you, and your cute blog. I LOVE MY LIFE!!! Thanks for you're always happy positive attitude. Justin in a lucky man!! Miss you!

Jenny and Jesse Clinger said...

Hey Char! I love this picture of you guys! I am so glad you had a good time on your trip. And so happy you have found "your love".