Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mourning, but counting my blessings

On Sunday we got a phone call from my Uncle in California that my grandpa (mom's dad) had died. He was sitting in his chair watching TV/sleeping and he made some snoring noises and sounded like he was having a hard time breathing. Lois (his wife) couldn't wake him up and called an ambulance. They tried to revive him, but couldn't. This is my first experience with someone close to me dying, and I think that I'm handling it ok. I feel very blessed to know that he is in the Spirit World now and not suffering from physical pains anymore, but I still miss my grampa. So on Sunday night I offered to drive my mom to Cali on Tuesday (Dec. 9), which meant that I'd have to take my last final on Monday. So we drove to Cali on Tuesday and on Wednesday we got to have a personal viewing of gramps. He is being cremated so he isn't being embalmed for a viewing/burial. Cami will be flying out on Thursday and the memorial service will be on Friday. We'll drive home Saturday and I'll fly out to Wisconsin on Sunday morning. This turned out to be a very busy week, but I feel very blessed to have so many wonderful things to occupy my life. I'll miss you grampa Ferd! I know you're watching over us.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Oh Char! I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Your right though, he is in a much better place now. You are so crazy busy. I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Have fun in Wisconsin!