Tuesday, January 11, 2011

EXTUBATED!

Well, Brannick is now extubated and has a new little gadget in his nose to help give him the oxygen support he needs. He is now living in an open crib!! YAHOO! And that means he gets to wear clothes! The extubation/transition to the nasal canlua wasn't smooth at all, but he has learned to deal and is doing great! His vocal chords were depressed w/the ET tube for so long that he can't yet make noise, he just kind of squeaks and sounds weird when he tries to cry, but I love it!

Brannick in clothes:


My new oxygen support:


I love how is holding on to Justin's finger so tightly in this pic. He has just been throwing a fit so he doesn't look too happy...

5 comments:

The White's said...

I am sorry that the process did not go as smoothly, but hopefully he will recover well and get use to having it in his nose now. he looks adorable in the little onesie! It will be wonderful to hear him cry and jabber when the time comes, yay for progress!!!!!

Lori Davis said...

Congrats!! Good job, Brannick! That is such a big day! I remember being so excited to put more on Ellie than just socks. He is darling and what a strong little boy... perfect!

KMK said...

He looks great! I love the cute outfit and that you are doing well. Here's hoping that all other procedures will go smoothly. Keep your chin up!

Scott and Katie Smith said...

He's such a handsome boy! Love you Char.

Keri said...

I've never really noticed before but I LOVE how Brannick has your cute button nose! Sooo cute!